Thursday, January 8, 2009

Grief From Three Feet Article - Coming Soon!




In January of 1999 some ten years ago I wrote an article that was published in a magazine called ALLIANCE MAGAZINE. This magazine was distributed monthly to thousands of funeral homes across North America.

The article was my recollection of an event and personal conversation that I had the opportunity to be a part of with a young child.

The article was entitled “Grief From Three Feet.” It provides an actual account of my conversation with a young child who was experiencing the death of his father and how he seen things.

Children see things in a whole different light than adults do. This was a remarkable young boy that conversed with me as if I was speaking to a much older child than a short six year old.

The boy whos name was Seth would now be sixteen years old. I often reflect on that conversation that impacted my life forever and urged me to make a committment to continue helping others.

In the upcoming weeks I plan will have the full article online for our readers to read, print and share with others if you would like.

The article allows us to reflect on children and how they may view things around them and how grief affects them.

Oftentimes, children are the ones that we as adults think don’t pay attention to what is really going on nor they have an understanding but they actually do.

Stay tuned for the actual article, I promise you will be inspired and moved…

Fred

No comments: